Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Ben on MonoRail

As you'd probably know from reading any of my recent posts, I've become very curious about the Castle Project recently. One of the it's elements is the MonoRail Rails-a-like web development toolkit that sits on top of ASP.NET. 'Ben' (I couldn't find his full name on his blog anywhere) provides a great critique of WebForms here and the pros and cons of MonoRail here. I recently ran through the getting started guide for MonoRail and it has really intrigued me, especially the separation of concerns that an MVC framework provides that allows you to finally be able to test your web application logic properly.

1 comment:

BenL said...

Hey thanks for the mention. My name's Ben Lovell btw! Stick with Monorail, it's an awesome framework. I'd recommend joining the mailing lists [1] to keep up with the constant check-ins and pick up tips from time to time.

[1] http://groups.google.co.uk/group/castle-project-users?lnk=srg
[2] http://groups.google.co.uk/group/castle-project-devel?lnk=srg