Saturday, September 20, 2008

Suteki Shop at REMIX

Scott Guthrie was kind enough to show a screen shot of the first commercial Suteki Shop implementation at REMIX UK last week. For anyone who was at the keynote speech, I was the 'Mike' he mentioned. I was lucky enough to have a couple of conversations with him during the conference. He's a very down to earth and approachable guy.

jump-the-gun

Jump the Gun are a legendary Modernist fashion shop in the North Lanes of Brighton. Brighton has, of course, been the spiritual home of the mods ever since their heyday in the 60's so I'm really proud that they've chosen Suteki Shop as their e-commerce platform. It's a great example of a long tail business and they hope to become the world's leading on-line retailer of mod clothing.

We're planning to go live this week and I'll be making a big announcement when that happens, so watch this space!

5 comments:

preet sangha said...

congrats mike! but couldn't you have found someone higher in the .net food chain :-)

Mike Hadlow said...

Hi Preet,

I tried Bill, but he was too busy acting in some dumb advert.

Anonymous said...

No wonder I missed your name check Mike, I assumed you were involved with the sports app, not the shop one. Doh!

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear, congrats on the name drop!

Bit confused though as the site seems to be solely written using flash for the shopping cart and then some cold fusion pages for the checkout?!

Mike Hadlow said...

Hi tigermain,

I should have made it clearer. Their old site (written entirely in Flash... nice idea chaps:P) is still live until the DNS propogates, which should be over today and tomorrow.

I've had several people ask me about this and it's a shame that we didn't manage to get it live before it was featured at REMIX.