Monday, September 01, 2008

Vote For Me! (again)

Voting has opened for this year's Developer Developer Developer Day at Microsoft's UK Headquarters near Reading. You can vote for the sessions you want to see here:

http://www.developerday.co.uk/ddd/votesessions.asp

I've put forward a couple of talks:

Why do I need an Inversion of Control Container   (Style: Presentation - Level: 100)
Inversion of Control (IoC) containers such as Unity Windsor and Structure Map are a hot topic in the Microsoft Development world. What are they and why is there such a buzz about them? How will they help me build better applications? Join me on a trip to an parallel universe of application architecture where I show how IoC containers at last make component oriented software development a reality.

This will be an updated version of the talk I gave at last year's DDD. I'll try and compress the 'why' and have a little more of the 'what' this time.

Using an Inversion of Control Container in a real world application   (Style: Presentation - Level: 200)
Going beyond an initial introduction to IoC containers, this talk shows their use in an open source eCommerce application, Suteki Shop. I will show how the IoC container helps us write component oriented software and can significantly simplify both our architecture and code. This will include a look at some nice techniques such as generic repositories, using IoC containers with the MVC Framework and how they can help us host services.

A more in-depth look at how an IoC container helps with a real world application. I'm really looking forward to showing off the generic repository pattern and WCF integration in this one. The problem is going to be cramming everything in.

No comments: